Monday 25 November 2013

Day 5, 6 & 7 - Rapid Fitness Living Well Detox - Tracey




Hi there!

I had a family filled weekend, this weekend so didn't have a chance to post! So I will update you now.

The last time I did this detox I felt great apart from Day 2 when I had a migraine and didn't even feel hungry, but I've came to the conclusion that I've did it again too soon and haven't ate enough rubbish in between times that I needed a whole 2 week detox to clean my system.

Day 5

So Friday I felt really unwell again, I've stopped taking the good green stuff because honestly I can't stomach the taste and the thought of it was making me feel really sick and so I wasn't eating because I was trying to out off the GGS which should be taken before I start eating. So on Friday I was really bad and didn't eat till 2 in the afternoon because I felt so sick the thought of eating was making me feel worse!

So at 2pm I had veg and chicken scrambled egg (with eggs, almond milk, courgette, spinach, tomatoes and chicken) this perked me up a little so for dinner I had red thai salmon curry with cauliflower rice with some broccoli and courgette. It was really delicious but after about an hour I started getting pains in my stomach, they weren’t too bad but by the time I went to bed they got much worse and I was up half the night boo. This is one of my favourite dinners and I have it regularly and had it last time while detoxing but for some reason my stomach was not happy about it this time!




When I weighed myself the next morning I had lost another 2lbs.

Day 6

So Saturday my sore stomach was away but I just felt so rubbish and had a little cry to myself in the morning haha! I didn't want to give up on the detox because I'm blogging about it but I just didn't feel like eating again so again it was about 12:30 before I perked myself up enough to make a pineapple, apple and spinach juice and then had some walnuts a little later on which actually made me feel a bit better. I made cauliflower and courgette salmon fishcakes for dinner and because all I had to eat that day was a juice I had a side salad and some home made guacamole with them, however the rest of the night I did feel like I had ate too much. I was starting to get a little concerned about the about of weight I was losing so quickly and started to wonder if this was the reason I was feeling so unwell as by now I had lost half a stone in 5 days. I'm definitely no where near fat and very small so last time I was heavier when I started the detox and lost 8lbs in 10 days, and now this time I had lost 7lbs in 5 days! and I started off lighter! So I started to wonder if maybe I should come off the detox now because if I keep losing weight this dramatically i'd be a very unhealthy weight by the end of the 2 weeks which was not my intention at all.

(There is a picture of this on my instagram if you want to see it bigger! Was quite proud of how these turned out)

When I weighed myself the next morning I had gained 1lb.

Day 7

When I woke up in the morning I had gained 1lb and so decided I should have a rest day from the detox. I took the 1lb weight gain to be that with my lack of eating because I was feeling so unwell my body had now went into starvation mode, as even though I had had a large dinner it was basically, salad and veg! I had a juice for breakfast but then allowed myself a few treats, I didn't want to go too wild so didn't have anything like bread or rice or pasta. I had a few crackers and cheese, some chocolate and then I had some soup and some chicken and veg for dinner but its the most i'd eaten all week and felt much better!

I have decided that it wasn't a good idea for me to do the fast day as last week I lost 2lbs on the fast day so I've decided depending on how i'm feeling to have 3 juice days and then call it a day on the detox! If I start to feel unwell again then I will just stop as one of the main reasons for me doing the detox was to make me feel better less tired, sluggish etc and so far this hasn't been happening for me this time round. Last week felt like the longest week in history and I felt constantly ill! so I do not want to spend another week like that. So I will keep you updated on my juicing over the next few days & hopefully I'm not ill again!

No comments:

Post a Comment