Tuesday 12 November 2013

Urban Bar and Brasserie New Menu Launch




On Wednesday night we both popped along to the Urban Bar and Brasserie* for the launch for their new menu!  Based just off George Square, this is slap bang in the middle of the city centre.  This is a gorgeous restaurant even from the outside with sparkly lights surrounding the exterior we have both always admired from a far. We've actually never been so was really excited to try out their food. To be honest one of the reasons we have never been is because walking by it looks like it would be a very expensive place to eat so we were really surprised when we had a look at their menu which is very reasonably priced especially for the city centre.  3 courses on offer at £25 per person and pre theatre at £14.95 for 2 courses these are great value choices.   The Urban Bar and Brasserie is fine dining but Head Chef David Clunas has developed a menu filled with his contemporary style such as prawn cocktail with chilli, lime and avruga caviar, wild boar and apple sausages with buttery mash,onion gravy and fillet of hake with horseradish mash and fish cream which is just a few of the offers on the menu.



We were lucky enough to be able to try quite a wide variety of choices off the new menu including chicken liver parfait, urban fish goujons, marrbury smoked salmon and duck confit to name a few and to be honest when we arrived we were a little intimidated by the choice. We can sometimes be fussy eaters and at first were a little worried we wouldn't enjoy any of the food, then the likes of mac and cheese, fish goujons and chips, salmon fishcakes and mini burgers arrived and brought a huge smile to our faces!



The salmon fishcakes and mini burgers went like hot cakes! Luckily they continued to bring out plenty of samples for everyone to try and once I was finally able to get some I could see why they were so popular as they were delicious! These two were our favourites from the night and we would definitely go back to eat here after trying these! The chips were also a huge hit on the night, nice large chips that were crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle.



Finally the desserts! I (Tracey) was most looking forward to the banana ice cream with rum butterscotch sauce and crushed meringue and it did not disappoint! Delish!  I (Paula) don't like bananas so I had my eye on the chocolate brownie and parma violet creme brulee.  The brownie was absolutely delicious, was really moist and filled with pecan nuts and topped with a hot chocolate sauce this is perfect for any brownie lovers.  Next for me was the creme brulee, which I didn't realise was parma violet until I read over the menu again, It did have a slightly different taste to a normal creme brulee but not anything too overpowering,  I did really enjoy it and finished off the whole pot.



We were definitely spoiled on the night with not only a wide array of foods for us to try but a lovely live band and some glasses of prosecco, cosmos, daiquiris and orange juice all on tap for us bloggers, it was a great night.  Unfortunately as I (Tracey) had to come straight from work I was on the orange juice as I had my car with me boohoo! But since I (Paula) wasn't driving I enjoyed a few cocktails which went down a treat, I am not the biggest lover or prosecco so a cocktail always goes down well with me.




Let us know if you have ate at urban before and what you recommend to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment