Monday 13 January 2014

Crustless Vegetable Quiche


Breakfast and lunch idea's I find is were people struggle with the most so when thinking of what I like to eat I came up with this in a bid to be more organised.

I made this a few weeks ago and got 9 small portions out it.  I had it for breakfast for a week along with a green smoothie and it really did set me up for the day.  For bigger lunch portions you could but into 6.

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 small yellow onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, mined
  • ½ diced red bell pepper
  • ½ diced green bell pepper
  • ½ sliced courgette
  • 10 broccoli florets
  • 6 medium chestnut mushrooms
  • 4 large eggs
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • Sea Salt to taste
  • I also added in a little ham that I had in the fridge, you could add bacon also


Pre-heat your oven to 180 degres
Take your chopped onion and fry in the oil for 10 minutes on a medium heat until they are soft
Now add in all the rest of your vegetables and garlic and fry for a further 5 minutes all together

While that is cooking in a bowl put all your eggs and egg whites, milk, oregano, salt and pepper and give it all a good wisk to combine everything together


Then transfer all the cooked vegetable's into the bowl with the egg mixture.  At this point I also added in some ham.
Now pour this mixture into a greased tray.



Put into the oven for 15 - 25 minutes.  I checked mine at 20 and it was ready, you are looking for the middle to just starting to set as it will still cook when it comes out the oven so a little wobble in the middle will ensure a nice evenly baked quiche




I left mine to sit for about 15 minutes and then sliced and popped into the fridge.  I ate it every morning with a green smoothie it was perfect.  I plan on making another batch for next week.    



3 comments:

  1. OMG this sounds so tasty! I will be deffo trying this out for breakfast to keep me filled to lunch. I am bored it Muller yoghurt now. Awesome post!

    Girlycopyrightxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deeelicious, I follow a low carb diet so this is perfect, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, ooh this will be nice then, let me know if you make it :) P x

      Delete