Monday 20 January 2014

Soup Can Make You Thin Recipe Review #2


Another dose of Soup Can Make You Thin today.  I did a post on the book a while ago, you can view here and as promised here is another review of a recipe from the book.


Roasted Tomato, Red Pepper and Chorizo Soup

Serves 4

1 Red Onion, un-peeled and quartered
2 Long sweet red peppers, de-seeded and halved lenthways
4 Tomatoes
2 Garlic cloves, unpeeled
500ml Chicken stock
400g can red kidney/cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
100g Chorizo or smoked sausage, cut into bite-sized chunks I used Chorizo
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper
15g Fresh basic or parsley leaves, chopped


Method


  • Preheat the oven to 180c/350f/gas mark 4
  • Put onions, peppers, tomatoes and garlic in a large bowl, drizzle in a little oil and stir well before arranging the vegetables on a baking sheet, cut side down.  I had a jar of roasted peppers in my cupboard so I only used 1 pepper
  • Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the onions are cooked through (should look all toasted and  yummy like below)




  • Remove the skins from the onions and peppers and the skin and seeds from the tomatoes.  Placing the peppers in a plastic bag for 5 minutes makes the peeling very quick and easy
  • Chop half the vegetables into small chunks and set aside ( I decided to blend all of the soup so at the next stage just blend all together, if you wish to keep half chunky then follow as below)
  • Put the rest of the vegetables into a food processor or blender with garlic squeezed from its skin and the stock
  • Process until smooth then transfer to a soup soup with the chopped vegetables you put aside




  • Bring the soup slowly to the boil, making sure to stir to stop it catching on the bottom of your pan
  • Add the beans, chorizo or smoked sausage and balsamic vinegar, reduce the heat, cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes.




Season to taste and add in the basil or parsley
That's it!  This is me enjoying for lunch with a little yummy brown bread.


This is one of the easiest soups I have ever made.  Some soups require a bit of time and slow cooking etc but this is a really quick fast full of flavour soup that delivers what I want in soup in no time at all.  I am not the biggest lover of tomato soup, or anything tomato actually so I took a bit of a risk making this but the risk paid off.  This soup was absolutely delicious and I can't wait to whip up another batch soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm this soup look super yummy!! <3 Will have to give it ago when I get a spar moment Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete