Tuesday 29 April 2014

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies


I was really craving something sweet and instead of reaching for the sugary fatty snack I decided to play about with some healthier options and came up with these little peanut butter cookies.  These satisfied both my own and hubbys sweet tooth.


These are so simple to make and they need a little time to rest in the fridge so I made mine then started on dinner so when dinner was finished popped them in the oven and voilĂ ,

To make these all you need is:

  • 2/3 cup (58g) old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup (250g) peanut butter at room temperature (I used chunky)
  • 1 tablespoon stevia 

In a bowl, mix the oats and baking soda together. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the egg and then mix in the peanut butter and stevia with a spatula until combined. Pour in the dry ingredients and slowly mix until everything is combined.  I used my hands to bind together as I felt this was much easier.

I then took small sections and rolled in my hands into a ball then flattened and placed into a tray lined with greaseproof paper.  My batch made 12 cookies.

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

Once all on the cookies are on the sheet I put into the fridge to set for 15 minutes.  

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. You are really just cooking the egg and softening the mixture so they shouldn't look really dark in colour.

As they were still warm I got some nutella and mixed it with dark cocoa powder to make a paste and we dipped the cookies into the sauce.  For a treat that doesn't dampen the diet too much these were perfect!  As there is not much fat in them they are dry in texture and chewy.

If you have any left they stay fresh stored covered at room temperature for up to 7 days.  These Cookies freeze well, up to 3 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment